The Redding Area Bus Authority (RABA) updated their Short Range Transit Plan in 2014.
The primary purpose of the Short Range Transit Plan (SRTP) is to guide the development of fixed and demand response transit for residents, employees and visitors in the RABA service area over the next five years (2014-2019). More specifically, the SRTP process:
- Provides opportunities for public and key stakeholder input into the future of public transportation throughout the RABA service area in parts of Shasta County.
- Conducts market research to determine who is currently riding RABA buses, how satisfied they are with the services provided, and priorities for improvements.
- Evaluates the recent performance of existing services.
- Establishes a mission statement, goals, objectives and performance standards.
- Provides service plan and fare recommendations.
- Develops communication strategies to provide RABA information on different market segments.
- Establishes a detailed operating and capital financing plan.