The Active Transportation Program (ATP) was created by Senate Bill 99 to encourage increased use of active modes of transportation, such as walking and biking.
The goals of the ATP include, but are not limited to:
- Increasing the proportion of trips accomplished by walking and biking,
- Increasing the safety and mobility of non-motorized users,
- Advancing efforts of regional agencies to achieve greenhouse gas reduction goals,
- Enhancing public health, and
- Providing a broad spectrum of projects to benefit many types of users including disadvantaged communities.